Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Return of the 8-Ball

Senators Behind the 8-BallThis is still one of my favourite animations I've made from last season, showing the teams behind the 8-ball in their respective series and then giving them the elimination animation when they lose. Well, I enjoyed it up until I had to do it for the Canucks last season, but I don't have that problem... because... well... you know.

So, here are the Sens and their troublesome situation, as they get set to drop the puck against the Penguins in a couple hours. They are so far behind the 8-ball, if I did an animation to accurately describe it, you wouldn't be able to make out which logo is way back in the background. They're in it pretty deep.

Only two other teams have come back from a 3-0 deficit in the NHL playoffs and it is almost certain that there will still only be two after this series has concluded. There is very little faith in the hockey community that the Sens have enough intestinal fortitude to conquer this hole that they've dug for themselves.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another edition of Behind the 8-Ball... one more team will face elimination tomorrow night.

No comments: